- Published: 30 July 2016
- Hits: 657
Colonial Players is beginning to investigate options to renovate and improve our worn Theater stage floor and patron seating, as well as potentially improve the Annex rehearsal space floor. A Floor and Seating Renovation Committee has been formed, comprised of Operations and Production Team members to lead this effort from design through execution, including research of funding options. This is a major project that will take place in stages over the next two years. As part of this project, the Theater floor will likely be completely removed and rebuilt, so this represents a significant opportunity to correct any deficiencies and make improvements. At this time, we would like to invite our patrons, actors, directors, crew, volunteers, and members at large to share their thoughts on several areas related to the project:
- What problems have you noticed (or what concerns have you had) with either the current Theater patron seating or with the stage floors at either the Theater or the Annex?
- What limitations have you experienced as a result of the stage floors or patron seating?
- What capabilities or features would you like to see in a new stage floor and, in general, what improvements would you like to see?
- What considerations should be made related to refurbishing or replacing the existing Theater seating?
- Are there any safety issues of which you are aware that should be addressed?
- What funding options should be considered for the project?
Click here to complete our online survey: Stage Floor and Seating Survey
Note: Survey input will be accepted through August 31, 2016.