- Published: 15 January 2017
- Hits: 487
The 17th Annual Washington Area Theatre Community Honors' (WATCH Awards) nominations have honored The Colonial Players with 14 nominations! Adjudicators reviewed 103 productions (34 musicals, 69 plays) in 27 community theater companies. In each of the 38 categories, five nominees were selected based on the average scores of eight judges. In some categories, due to score ties, more than five nominees were announced.
The WATCH Award ceremony will be held on Sunday, March 5, 2016 at 7:00pm at The Birchmere in Alexandria, VA.
And now for the Nominations...
Venus in Fur (3)
- Outstanding Direction of a Play – Jim Gallagher
- Outstanding Light Design in a Play – Eric Lund and Alex Brady
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Play – Natalie Nankervis as “Vanda”
Boeing Boeing (1)
- Outstanding Makeup Design in a Play – Christina McAlpine
The Cripple of Inishmaan (1)
- Outstanding Cameo in a Play – Lisa KB Rath as “Mammy O’Dougle”
Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf (9)
- Outstanding Play
- Outstanding Direction of a Play – Craig Allen Mummey
- Outstanding Properties in a Play – Lois Banscher
- Outstanding Lead Actress in a Play – Debbie Barber-Eaton as “Martha”
- Outstanding Light Design in a Play – Alex Brady
- Outstanding Sound Design in a Play – Ben Cornwell
- Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play – Ron Giddings as “Nick”
- Outstanding Lead Actor in a Play – Joe Mariano as “George”
- Outstanding Featured Actress in a Play – Sarah Wade as “Honey”
The Colonial Players would like to congratulate all WATCH award nominees as well as all of the other WATCH member theaters! For a complete listing of all nominees from each theater, visit WATCH or DC Metro Theater Arts.
In addition, all of us at The Colonial Players wish to express our sadness at the loss of Leta Hall, official "trophy wrangler" for the WATCH community. Leta, you will be missed by all who knew you. Thank you for your dedication to community theater!